1. Small round dining tables may be the modern specialty, but don't rule them out for your elongated room. Pedestal tables make a grand visual impression, and with extension leaves, they can potentially seat eight or more.
2. Glass is the quintessential modern dining table material, creating a light, open, transparent ambiance that's wholly unlike the heaviness of traditional wood tables. A metal frame with marble inlay top is a material combination that gives dining rooms a unique contemporary appeal.
3. Our dining seating selection is an audacious medley, with casual and formal chair styles ranging from open-backed wood stools to designer leather dining chairs and Parson-style upholstered side chairs. For a better blend with transitional dining decors, look for design features such as button tufting and nailhead trim.
4. Chair material is another subtle way to mix and updated look in with a more traditional aesthetic look. For example, wood modern dining chairs with a tapered or acutely sinuous profile would put a Euro twist on classic decor.
5. Decorating on a smaller budget? A set of two kitchen chairs could be a cost-effective way to update your kitchen with a chic new bistro area.
6. Mix and match can be the surest route to a decorating mismatch. Assure yourself of a well-matched decor with our five-piece and seven-piece modern dining sets. Affordable and ultra chic, these are an easy way to add clean, simple style to your space without paying a pretty penny.
7. To see modern style shed its sleekness in favor of warmly traditional attributes, check out our selection of modern buffets and dining servers. Solid wood construction, hand-finished accents, and even reclaimed wood are just some of their distinguished features.
8. As accents, modern sideboards can be both practical and exotic. A bamboo sideboard is eco-friendly and adds clean lines and classic function blur the distinction between contemporary and traditional, accent and utility.
9. Bar stools become anywhere stools when they're as modish and versatile as ours. With eye-catching retro or casual contemporary style, plus customizable height adjustment, a stool is a functional, fashionable seating choice for kitchen islands, bars, workstations, and more.
10. Heighten your senses in the dining room or kitchen with counter stools. Use your counter stool set for counter-height dining or bistro table seating or as the seats de resistance at your swank new breakfast bar.